Today I spent pondering upon the talks of General Conference and I continued my amazement at how many talks were given on holding onto faith and hope, giving up our doubts and fears, trusting the Lord and so on. I was amazed since I had prayed for some answers to my struggles recently. Many of the talks so far have focused on this subject of faith, hope, trust, joy and so on, and from this I conclude 2 things. First, the Lord knows me personally and hears my silent unspoken plea for strength. Secondly, I believe that there are many others who are struggling like I am. This only goes to reason what with the recent downturn in the economy, the upcoming election, and general conditions of the world.
It is so easy to go through life, thinking that I am the only one experiencing such and such, and forget that there are others having similar experiences as myself. This is where I am. I get so wrapped up in myself that I find little time to think outside the box. It is easy to become self-centered through this. I find that I have embraced pride and greed without even knowing it many times and fortunately Bobi keeps me from becoming too prideful with her gentle persuasions.
My posts have been very infrequent recently, I hope that will change as I share as best I can my life with you. I have found many things about life that are difficult to endure, but wonderfully edifying.

3 comments:
I'm so glad that you linked on to my blog so that I can link on to yours! Can't wait to read more.
Thanks Heather. It was good to see you on Sunday. Thanks for coming. If you have any tricks or suggestions on blogging, I am open to them. I know Bobi doesn't get much enjoyment out of blogging, but does enjoy reading them. I probably will get tired of it soon and find it a chore, but I think it is a great way to stay in touch.
Bobi.and I thought those conference talks were just for me!! They were so wonderful and I too noticed how many focused on keeping the faith and not letting life get us down. I, too, needed to hear those things...I'm so glad you have a blog!
Post a Comment