A history lesson.
I am the oldest of 5 children. I have one brother, who is divorced and currently living with my mom. He has been dating quite regularly, looking for "the One". It appears that he has found her. They got engaged last week and will be getting married very soon.
We have been living in our home for just over 11 years now. Last year, a new family moved into a home on our street. Very nice people. They moved here from Arkansas (or Alabama? I have a hard time keeping it straight.)
What does that have to do with my brother getting engaged? Stay with me now . . .
For my mom's birthday this year, I invited her and other family members to our home to enjoy Aebelskivers. My brother was one of those who joined us. During the meal, he asked Adam,"Do you go to school with so-and-so?" Adam said no, because he doesn't. (The person in question attends a different school than Adam.) I said, "But you know him. He lives across the street from us and is in our ward (congregation) ." My brother said, "Well, I'm dating his aunt."
That is who he is going to marry.
Get it?
Congratulations, Jon and Teri!
~Bobi

3 comments:
What a fun connection. I remember how suprised I was when I found out that we're both related to Bob and Sharon.
What a small world! How funny! So fun!
Turns out she's got a cousin in my ward in Draper too.
Post a Comment