A very good friend of mine had a pulmonary embollism Saturday morning. She was 26 weeks pregnant with a little boy. She and her husband were so excited to bring this new little life into this world. Today, the decision was made to take her off life support. She passed away shortly after. She was only twenty-something!
I met her when I was assigned to be her visiting teacher several years ago. She didn't want anything to do with me for a very long time. As I continued to call her and ask to visit with her, she finally let me and my companion in the door. Her sweet husband joined us during our conversations. One of the things that I recognized from the very first was how much he loved her. He was not a member of the LDS Church at that time. Over the course of a couple of years, they got married, he investigated and joined the Church, they were sealed in the temple. They are wonderful people! It is so hard to believe she is gone. My heart is breaking for him. I am so grateful that I have been able to be a part of their lives.
~Bobi

4 comments:
Oh Bobi - I can't stop crying! Misty is truly going to be missed and I am so sad to know that Jake is there alone at nights now.
I am grateful for people like you that do their callings (even the little ones). I could not imagine the church without visit teaching.
I've seen a few things posted on Facebook, first lastnight then this afternoon when I saw yours. I worked with Misty for a short time in YW's. She seemed to be a very sincere lovely person. I know you were a good friend to her, I'm sorry.
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. What a tragedy... Life is truly fragile.
With all of the experiences you've had, you are most empathetic of her family. You are so tender-hearted and sweet. Thanks for showing all of us how to "mourn with those who mourn". You are a great strength. Thanks for your wonderful sweet spirit!
Post a Comment